The following are a few tips to keep in mind when using DCA to treat cancer:
- Keep special desiccant package in bottle after opening. This desiccant package absorbs oxygen. Oxygen is known to decrease the potency of DCA.
- Store bottle in freezer. DCA maintains its potency longer in a cooler environment.
- Split daily dose into two servings.
- Take in room temperature water – NOT hot water.
- Supplement with Vitamin B1 (Thiamine).
- DCA can be taken alone or with other treatments. Dosage is depends on the weight of the person taking the DCA.
- Dosage is condition-dependent.
- Maintenance Dosing is 10-13 mg/kg body weight generally.
- Clinical Trials Dosing is usually 25mg/kg body weight.
- 1/4 of a level teaspoon is approximately 1 gram of DCA. Note that this is a rough ‘volume’ measure. DCA should be measured by weight and not volume.
- Can be taken on empty stomach or with meals (as desired).
- Make body ALKALINE (versus acidic) – avoid sugar – cancer cells feed on sugar (remember all white rice, white bread, white pasta, crackers, etc. convert to sugar).
- Dosage is by weight not volume – get a digital scale HERE . This is a VERY sensitive scale, to 0.1 grams (includes batteries).
When you receive your first order of DCA, order again – you do not want to interrupt your treatment by running out of DCA.